Kidney Stents Are Diabolical!
by BJ Rindy
The pain of passing the kidney stone was more barable then enduring this awful stent.
I only had a 5mm stone but they say my uerters are more narrow then what they should be which is why the stone was not able to pass. It took the stone over 2 weeks to move less then an inch.
The stent is so the uerters don't swell shut and so the busted up stone can pass more easily.
I understand that the reason for the stent is serious and not to be played around with which is why I endure this crap and leave it in there.
But the side affects of a stent are unbearable such as:
- Having to pee every 30 minutes;
- Peeing what feels like burning acid out;
- Bladder cramps that are so sever they are comparable to the early stages of labor pains;
- Constant 24/7 irritation and pain in the urethra on the inside and on the outside;
- Kidney pain in your back and side;
- Pain "down there" when sitting down;
- Pain "down there" when standing up as if things are falling out and down and out of place or whatever;
- Constant throbbing in the bladder and urethra making it seem like you have to pee all the time;
- Leaking pee out of the stent out of your urethra down your leg and you have no control over it which means you have to wear pads or diapers.
I'm sure everyone's experience is different ranging from good to bad but my experience has not been good. I have been having to take the strong prescription narcotic pain pills the doctor gave me just to knock my butt out so I don't have to feel anything.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Kidney Stent Reviews.