<---Google Auto Ads--->

My Horrific Kidney Stone Pain

I had been feeling sick for about a week or so, so naturally I went to see my family doctor.

She wanted to alter my meds slightly then told me to call her if I wasn't feeling any better on the Monday. The next thing I knew, on June 7, 2015 this massive pain along with flu-like symptoms hits me, out of nowhere. And no matter what I did I just couldn't get it to stop.

After an agonizing few hours of this I called my mom crying and begging her to take me to the ER, because I didn't know what else to do. They ran their tests and it was hit and miss with the nursing staff. Nobody would tell us a thing.

It was only until I was discharged then they said, "oh you have a kidney stone and a really bad infection. Here's a number for a doctor to call if you aren't better in a few days."

I waited two (2) more days still feeling like I was dying, then I called the guy's office and they scheduled me for the next day. He took one look at all my tests and scans and rushed me over to the hospital from his office to have surgery to get the stone removed and a stent put in.

Apparently it was a bad blockage that was causing real damage. All I can say is - yes the stent sucks and is crampy but I've only had it for a day. But I would much rather have it than a stone shutting everything down and causing so much pain, that it takes my breath away.

I have to leave it in for a few weeks just to make sure everything is okay, so we will see how I feel about it after more than a day. But for now I can at least walk without feeling like I'm going to pass out from pain.

Comments for My Horrific Kidney Stone Pain

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 09, 2015
Update on status
by: Megan

I had NO problems while the stent was in. Months after having the stent removed I'm doing fine. I still have what they refer to as flank pain in my lower back occasionally on the right side. Just the other day it took my breath away. It was like a bad muscle spasm, but I had those before my kidney stone. So I spent most of the day in bed resting with a heating pad and I was fine. My Doctor who took care of me has done an excellent job since my surgery with follow up care & I haven't had any problems. When I'm not feeling the greatest I do call and he promptly gets me in to make sure it isn't serious. I'm fortunate to have a Doctor who cares and is excellent at his job. All my tests have come back normal and unless I have a serious problem I'm not scheduled for an appointment and more testing for a year. I got lucky and I'm thankful that it wasn't worse.

Jun 12, 2015

by: Admin

Thanks for sharing your story. Please come back and let us know how things turn out, in the next few weeks.

Hopefully by then, all issues would be resolved and the stent removed.

All the best!

Site Admin

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Kidney Stones.